Saturday, January 21, 2012

Educational Interest: Food Combining from Healthy Vegan





Heather from Youtube's Healthy Vegan posted an interesting video about food combining. I know every person's body is different from another's, but this might be good for me to try since I'm making a dramatic diet change.

I never try and rely or trust one source of information but it's nice to learn a variety of health information. This diet change is completely unknown territory for me, so I could really use all the knowledge I could get.
Chart from Heather's Site
PS.
You should also check out her YouTube Channel for some good looking recipes

1 comment:

  1. Hey, there! Check out what I made last night - it was sooooo delicious and would fit right up your alley: Lentil Soup

    1 1/2 cups lentils
    2 1/2 lbs fresh Swiss Chard
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3/4 cup chopped onion
    3 to 4 garlic cloves
    Salt
    1 Stalk celery, chopped
    3/4 cup lemon juice
    1 teaspoon flour
    Chopped chives for garnish

    Wash and pick over the lentils. Cover them with fresh cold water, and cook, covered, until tender. Wash the Swiss Chard leaves and chop them. Add these and a cup of water to the lentils. Continue cooking until the Swiss chard is done, adding more water if necessary. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped onion. Crush the garlic cloves with salt, and add these and the chopped celery to the onion. Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender and blended. Add to the lentil mixture. Mix the lemon juice with the flour and stir it into the soup. Cook gently, stirring occasionally, until the soup is rather thick. Taste for seasoning. Serve chilled with chopped chives in soup bowls, and pass crusty French or Italian bread to sop up the juices.

    I ended up adding more water, garlic and seasoning salt because I wanted to eat it HOT HOT HOT over rice. It was soooo yum. I think you should try it if you still have your swiss chard from this week's delivery!

    ReplyDelete