Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meal Time: Pesto Pasta w/ Roasted Cauliflower

The theme tonight is using up what's in the kitchen.
I made this pasta dish yesterday, but I had plenty of left overs. I also had a cauliflower I needed to use, so I figure it would be a quick heat-and-eat dinner.

Pasta w/ peas and beans
1 pkg Whole Wheat Angel Hair pasta
1 pkg peas, frozen
1 bndl fresh green beans

Pesto Sauce
1pkg Simply Organic 'Sweet Basil Pesto'
1/2 cup water
1/4 Olive Oil

Roasted Cauliflower
1 head fresh cauliflower
2 tblspn Olive Oil
2 tblspn Paprika

I started by boiling the pasta, while mixing the pesto sauce with the water and oil in a large pan. Once the pasta was ready I transferred it directly to the pesto pan, and added the green beans and frozen peas. I continued to stir and simmer the pasta for about 20 minutes.
The cauliflower was super simple, just olive oil drizzled over chopped cauliflower with a sprinkle of paprika.
I baked for about 20 minutes on 350.

I love these quick but filling meals, something I wouldn't expect when cutting out meat and dairy.
I'm still waiting to receive some cookbooks I ordered, so hopefully some more creative dishes will be posted here.


No comments:

Post a Comment