Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Produce Paradise

I think when one hears Alaska, great fresh produce is not one of the things that would come to mind. Produce here is costly, and more often than not....less than appetizing. Everything comes on a boat or on a plane here, so most of our fruits and vegetables are either too ripe or too green.


Luckily there is a great program that delivers really good, really fresh produce to Alaska. Full Circle Farm is a weekly program that delivers fresh (mostly organic) produce to locations in Alaska, Washington and Idaho. Most of the produce comes from farms in Washington (my home state, can't go wrong there).
I've never run into anything that was rotten or spoiled. It's also nice to get what's seasonal, it makes all my dishes seem that more fresh.
The best part about Full Circle is their customer service. They are crazy helpful, they've always gone out of their way to help me with any questions or requests I've had.
You can check their site out for membership and general info

here is a link to their blog as well



This is a photo of what I received this week. This is the 'Garden' size box.

No comments:

Post a Comment